Sunday, November 16, 2008

Self Portraits for Practice

I always have shot myself when I wanted to learn something new or just perfect some skills I acquired recently. It's always been enjoyable for me to set up the shot, hit the button, and run into place to get the shot I'm envisioning. Particularly anyone starting out in photography or just trying to update their portfolio with new styles should seriously consider being their own model from time to time. You can practice without the pressure of owing someone else images and it helps you to see how it feels for your models so you can better direct too!
These are my latest:



I was working on my studio lighting techniques and body shapes again. One of my favorite styles to shoot and model.

I also did a few with this vintage dress I picked up about a month ago at a thrift store. A study of motion. Yes, another favorite of mine.

1 comment:

unbearable lightness said...

These are incredible! I especially like the one in the dress. Wow!!!